Monday, March 16, 2009

Update on Mikey's trip to Kansas City

Mikey went to Kansas City last week to interview for a new job...at first we really were VERY confident that he would get offered the job. Then about a week before he was planning on going he found out they were taking 2 other guys there too :( Then a couple days after that he talked to the regional dude, Steve and he kept hinting to Mikey that he was going to get the job, so again we were pretty confident! Then the trip came, he did an awesome job like he always does :) Then they told him that one of the other guys they interviewed really impressed them too, they didnt expect him to, so that kind of made us a little sad. They are deciding between Mikey and this other guy and will let us know hopefully the middle of this week (I think we have waited long enough HAHA) One thing that is kind of discouraging is yesterday in basically all 3 classes in church they talked about accepting God's will and not yours! So that got us thinking...we are getting to the point now where we feel comfortable with whatever happens, although I REALLY want this job! I will definitely keep everybody posted and would ask all of you to keep us in your prayers :)

3 comments:

Luke and Mel said...

I'm torn because I want you guys to stay here:) I'll just pray for you guys to be happy! I didn't see you yesterday. Did you see my glasses? I thought I was looking pretty cute!

The Porter Family said...

Whatever is supposed to happen will happen. That is the great thing about the Lord knowing what is best for you. :) Good luck!

Shea Nicole said...

Things always work the way the Lords needs them to. C.J.'s dad said something very insightful yesterday... "sometimes things that happen aren't what is best financially temporally or even for that moment. In fact, it may even make your life harder for a short or even long time... but they are ALWAYS what is best eternally." It was such an eye opener to think about. Oh yeah, I do live FOREVER.. and life isn't just here on earth! SWEET BEANS! lol... Whatever happens, just know that Heavenly Father's eternal plan for you is what is "best" :D Hugs!