A couple weeks ago Brigham and I drove up to Utah to say goodbye to my grandpa Woodruff. He has cancer basically all over his body, he's been in a hospice center for over a month, hasn't eaten since he's been there, can't walk, and is in so much pain. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him like that but I'm glad we were able to see him! He recognized me, he said "well if it isn't Lindsey Kay" :) That made me so happy!! He always calls me Lindsey Kay, I was named after my grandma Woodruff (Kay) He was in and out of sleep and would start talking in German, then he asked Tanner which part of Germany he was from. He served in the war and was on a baseball team over in Germany, so he must be getting flashbacks. It was so sad to see him like that, I just wish he wasn't in any pain! His new wife Dawn has done so much for him! She was there when we visited and remembered all our names, very impressive! When it was time for us to leave everyone broke down! Including my grandpa! That was the hardest part! He says he isnt scared of dying, but I can only imagine how you must think "Have I done enough" when you're that close to death. We will miss him, but look forward to seeing him again. I cant believe I didn't get a picture with him! I was too worried about keeping Brigham quiet I didnt even think about it :(
Swam a few days with cousins, and just hung out. Brigham sure loves his cousins! Especially TANNER!! He just takes one look at him and cracks up! :)
On our way home I couldnt keep my eyes open (which never happens) so decided to pull off in Beaver, UT and take a nap, it seemed like our trip just kept getting delayed. I can't help but think it was Heavenly Father's way of keeping us safe. I wonder how many times things that seem like a burden actually keep us from getting in a wreck or something. Remember to always be thankful!
We had a great time, I was sooo glad to get home.
Thanks to my dad for letting us crash in your apartment and destroy almost everything :)
This was taken a few weeks before I was able to be up there.
BEST PICTURE EVER!!!

SCOWL

Big smile

Sweet little Paisley!

Grandpa and the babies

His "glasses" he wears them all the time! and eating his cooookie, his favorite food :)

old pic from my phone, but thought it was funny, he loves to put things on his wrists

Who wears short shorts?? Watching Barney, love the Jordan's on his feet?
At the hotel in Cedar City, just relaxin'

Hated the grass, he's getting used to it now

Old pic again, but thought it was cute, those are his cute cousins

wearing mama's swimsuit
CHEESE! His new haircut we gave him last night

He got a new tricycle, it's a "cars" bike. look at that smile :)

Eating at the big boy table at grandpa's, he climbed up there himself
4 comments:
I can't believe how big Brigham is getting. He looks like such a big kid in his new haircut. :)
Sorry about your grandpa Linds. It's nice that we know will see them again someday. I'm glad we don't have to wonder if there's life after death.If this is to personal you dont have to answer but did your parents split up?
Debbie,
ya my parents split up about a year ago, divorce still isn't final but it's getting close.
So sorry to hear about your grandpa..and your mom being silly about seeing you guys. I'm glad you were able to see your grandpa. Cherish those memories..
Brig is getting so big! Time for another one :)
Post a Comment