Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We did it little buddy

Well we made the move...kinda. Last weekend we had a bunch of guys from the elders quorum come help us throw all our stuff in our HUGE moving truck! It took about 50 minutes! WOO for the church! then we decided to just drive it all the way down to my parents house. The truck wouldnt go any faster than 70 mph so the drive was a little bit longer than usual, but it was fun! We spent Sunday with my family and then headed to Vegas on Monday. We hadnt found a place to stay so we decided just to put our stuff in a storage unit...in North Las Vegas!! Its so scary there! Anyways we got there around 11 and it was already 85 degrees! YAY!! It wasnt very fun unloading the truck all by ourselves but we managed. On our way down our realtor Tanya, who is also our friend Melissa's mom, invited us to stay with them til we find a house! YAY! That helped relieve a lot of stress. While we were down there I had a job interview with an optometrist, he offered me the job right there! It's so crazy how things keep working out for us. The job was going to be part time doing a bunch of things, until the day before my interview he fired somebody which makes my job full time and just selling glasses!! Which I love to do! I start Monday so everyone pray for me, its been a while since I've been able to sell glasses.
Anyways we flew home that Tuesday and were sitting in the airport and guess who we saw??? Gene Simmons!!! I have some pictures of him but don't have them on the computer yet, I'll post them when I get a chance, I also saw Lara Spencer from "the insider" (Not many people know who she is but I'm a geek)
Friday my mom and Mallory flew up to Spokane and spent the weekend with us, we got a lot of shopping in, they got to see the "crazy" lady who stands on the corner and yells at me all the time. We also went to Riverfront park and got some amazing mini donuts! YUMMY! If I would have known they sold them there I would have been down there everyday! :) Sunday we went to church then headed out to Lake Coeur D'Alene, it was sooooo gorgeous! Monday I dropped Mikey off at the airport at 4 am!! He flew back to Kansas City for training this whole week. We drove my Tahoe all the way to Utah! We made it and didnt kill each other :) So I get to spend the week relaxing in Utah and hanging out with some friends while Mikey is working :)
We'll keep everyone updated on the house hunt and everything.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So sad you are gone. But so excited you got a job one that you will love. I am sure you will find a great house. So awesome how everyhting just works out.

The Porter Family said...

YAY for warm weather! I know how much it sucks to unpack by yourselves, so good job! I can't wait to see you soon!

Luke and Mel said...

That's awesome about the job. I totally know who Lara Spencer is and I am a even bigger geek than you because I know her from Antiques Roadshow. She used to host it.