So we can finally put some pictures up on the blog. We didn't want to first thing and jinx it. We have finally found a house. On top of that it is basically everything we have ever wanted in an area that is right for us. Vegas just wasn't right for Lindsey and I. Houses right on top of eachother, little tiny lots, every house looks the same and just not where we would want to raise kids took us a little while for us to figure out Vegas wasn't right for us.
So after several weeks straight of fasting for Me (Michael) and Lindsey eating infront of me to help me remember I was fasting and she wasn't because she can't now that she's prego. We both felt good about looking into a little town in Arizona called Prescott. Years ago I remember John saying how much he loved Prescott while he was on his mission and how much he would love to over there. I also remember thinking I would love to move there while I was in college when we had a missionary from there come to dinner at my parents. He said that it is a great area basically Portland weather without the rain. Can you say perfect?
I made a trip to Phoenix for work and thought maybe I should just make a trip up and take a look at a couple homes. I was talking to Lindsey as I drove into the town of Prescott Valley and the second I came up and over the hill I said "yep this is it". It was an awesome feeling to know this was where we should be. We made an offer on a house that I thought we would really like after looking at a ton of homes that day in all different areas. We didn't get it :(
Two weeks later Lindsey and I woke up at 5am and drove to Prescott on a saturday to look at homes for the day. It was a good thing we didn't get the house I put an offer in because Lindsey didn't really like it that well. We looked at a ton of homes and decided on one. It was actually one I looked at a couple weeks earlier and after seeing it again Lindsey and I both fell in love with it. We made an offer and a couple days later we were able to come to an agreement with the builder. The house is a custom built home. It was finished almost a year ago and the builder has been trying to sell it since then. We were able to get it for a great price and feel great about it. We will close August 4th and make the move August 7th or 8th.
One last thing sorry I keep talking. When I called mom and dad the first time I made the trip mom answered and I said "As Brigham Young once said This is the place". Ok now on to the pictures.
I tried to put these on in the opposite order but I'm an idiot so lets act like I did it on purpose and start at the back of the house. This is our view out the back of the house and to the right. We have a small (10X15 foot) covered patio out the back.
Here is our view out and to the right. The house you see is about 300 feet away. Our lot is just over 2 acres. All the houses in the development are custom built homes on 2 acres. Our lot is about 350feet deep and around 250 feet wide. Leaves us a very large back yard for our dog to run around on.
Ok now back into the house or I guess into the house. This is standing in the great room looking back to the kitchen. You can see Lindsey she is out on the patio coming back inside. The kitchen has really nice cabinets and a nice breakfast bar as you can see.
Here is in the breakfast nook just off to the side of the kitchen looking back into the greatroom. We have some built-ins that will be nice for the bigscreen and a gas fireplace. You can see the front door from here and off to the left is a hallway with two bedrooms and an extra full bathroom. Now that you can see the front door how bout we go outside and see the front of the house?
Here is the front of the house and Michael's favorite feature other then the fact its on two acres and our neighbors aren't right on top of us. The three car garage! It will be nice to finally be able to wake up and jump in the car without having to scrape windows, or have to worry about if its raining etc.

1 comment:
How exciting for you guys a new home thats great. Do you have names picked out for your little guy? Whats your due date?
Post a Comment