Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5 weeks already??

Well we have survived over 5 weeks! WHEW!! Last Monday we took Brigham to the Dr. due to an over paranoid mom :) He had a white spot on the roof of his mouth and was worrying me, luckily nothing is wrong but we did get him weighed and he is a wopping 10 lbs. 3 oz.!! Big guy! He is starting to smile at me when I say hi to him (makes everything all worth it) When he is half asleep he even laughs! Cracks me up everytime. He still loves his mobile and whenever I feel like I just need a break or need food I put him under that and he is happy for at least 5 minutes! He is a very observant baby and I can tell he is going to be a handful once he gets moving on his own. He wants to sit up and move around already! Today I put him in his bouncy seat and he was trying so hard to sit up! He holds his head up which he has done since the day he was born.
He has HUGE thighs which he got from his mommy of course! and he is changing every single day!
We also survived Mikey's first trip out of town...barely! It was extremely difficult and if it wasn't for my awesome ward members bringing me dinner I probably wouldn't have eaten the whole time. One day I totally forgot to eat anything til somebody brought me an awesome dinner.
We also survived our first trip out of town all together. Mikey's brother David got married this last weekend so we spent 2 and a half days down in Phoenix. I do not recommend that to anybody with a newborn! We had a blast but...I wouldn't do t again. Brigham did great it was mom who was stressed out :) He absolutely loved all the extra people to hold and love him and I loved all the help too! I think he gets bored when its just me and him at home. Mikey went on another business trip this week and just got home tonight, we did 10 times better this time, I think we are both finally getting used to our new lives.
I forgot to mention last time that it was Mikeys 31st birthday the beginning of this month and I totally spaced it and didnt even celebrate! I'm a horrible wife! Anyways Happy birthday Mikey!






He loves sleeping on momma's chest


Big smile, I was teasing him with the binky and he thought it was hilarious


Another smile...isn't he so stinkin cute







Giving me attitude

3 comments:

Shelbi Jean said...

I totally know how you feel Linds- I am glad you are surviving. Just wait- in 3-5 more weeks he should hopefully be sleeping all night! HOLLA!!! He is adorable- love the attitude pic :)

Brett, Debbie, Taylor, Brylie and Haylee said...

Im glad everything is going ok for you. and that you have lots of help. He is super cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I could just eat him up!! I love the one leg and one arm moving like crazy. He is gorgeous and his little personality is starting to pop out! I can tell he misses me. Give him a kiss for me!

Love, Grandma W