Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody!! A part of me is sooo glad to see 2008 gone! It was a very tough year for me, but 2009 should be better! hopefully :) Last night we were invited over to the Peterson's house from our ward and had a party with the Barlow's and Luke's brother and his wife. We got chinese food and Mikey made his famous apple pie!! YUMMY! We had a great time and its great to finally have some friends up here in Spokane!
My last blog was short so I'm going to go into a little more detail of our trip down to Utah...we left early the Saturday after the HUGE storm!! It was soooo scary! Icy roads for the first 2-4 hours, then just freezing cold weather! I think it got down to -12 degrees! Just as soon as we hit Utah we got the lovely "Utah drivers" and here came the wrecks! A 31 car accident forced them to close the freeway and forced us onto highway 89 in Brigham, after driving for almost 11 hours that wasn't the exact thing we wanted to happen, but oh well. We got to my parents house just in time to see BYU get their butts kicked! haha!
The next day we got up and went to church with my family, while we were there I was looking at my ring and realized one of my little diamonds was missing!!! I started to freak out! I couldn't find it anywhere! Later that night we went to my aunt Carolee's house for our family Christmas party, it was so nice to see the whole family together and have such an awesome time!
Monday Mikey drove down to Salt Lake to drop my ring off to get the diamond replaced...for those of you who know Mikey he had some other tricks up his sleeve too :) That I wouldn't find out about til Christmas day.
We brought our X box down with rock band, Hunter and Tanner loved playing "guitar game" as Nanners calls it. The other boys had a whole bunch of college football tournaments and talked a whole lot of trash too!
Wednesday we went up to visit Loretta and see her gorgeous little girl! After that we thought we would brave the crowds and do a little shopping, not too fun. Later that night we headed down to Temple Square with my family, Mikey had never been down there during Christmas so we HAD to go down! It was gorgeous as usual but it looked like they didnt have as many lights up as they usually do? still pretty! We got home and had our chinese food like usual on Christmas Eve and opened up our "surprise" gift which always seems to be pajamas...WEIRD! Mikey couldn't sleep at all that night, he was so excited to open his presents :)
Christmas morning we woke up around 8:00 and opened our gifts, Mikey got me a wrap blanket, since I'm always cold! A cute vest, and a sweet North Face coat! I love it! and like I said he had a few tricks up his sleeve, in my stocking there was a cute little poem that gave me clues on where to look for my next gift, he hid it in our Christmas tree way up high, it was the prettiest earrings ever! He loves me :)
Later in the day all my brothers came over and I saw Brittany hand Mikey a gift, I thought it was a gift for us from her, so I expected him to open it...nope a while later I noticed it under the tree still wrapped, my name had magically appeared on it, so I opened it and it was some Gucci sunglasses!!!! Mikey had stopped by my old work and picked them out for me, AWWW! He loves to surprise me! Later that night my grandpa Christensen came over and we did our white elephant gift exchange, I ended up getting a little makeup bag that says "sexy" on it, and Mikey got some nasty cappuccino flavored sticks and a sparkling cider bottle with a little bit of water in it! HAHA! It was an awesome holiday!
We ended up leaving real early Saturday and again the first 2-4 hours were freakin scary!! cars were sliding everywhere but luckily we didnt at all, otherwise we would have turned right back around and would still be in Utah. By the time we passed Missoula it started to snow again and the roads were packed! But we made it home just in time to shovel about 3 feet of snow around my car to try to get it out due to our landlord getting mad at us for not being there all week to move it! Fun stuff! So that was our fun week down in Utah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Sorensens!! Hey Lindsey, you forgot to tell the story about how we thought your Gucci sunglasses might have been thrown out in the garbage AND that the garbage truck had already been by that morning. Whew, thank goodness they hadn't! 2009 is going to be real fine! (Do you like that little poem?) It's Eric's graduation year, the class of 2009 so it has to be awesome. Glad you got to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends. We had Jeremy, Brittany, BJ and Nicole over. Eric and Garrett were there until they left at 9:00 for a Tri-Stake Dance. You'll have to ask Eric how many girls he danced with. We rang in the new year with Nicole doing a little dance on the driveway. It was quite entertaining! We went to Jeremy's on New Year's Day and played games and went bowling. Are you still being dumped on? There was an article in the paper here about Spokane and their record month of snow. I think it said 61 inches?? It waited just for you to move up there Lindsey! Love you guys. Hey, Happy Birthday Mikey in two days--the big 3-0! Oops, did you want everyone to know??!! Love Mom