Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busy September

Well September has been a somewhat crazy month. I got a new calling at the beginning of the month, instead of being an assistant to the Primary Presidency I am now a Primary teacher for the 5-6 year olds. We just got a new Presidency and they realized they didnt need an assistant! WOO! My class is great! We have been practicing for the primary program, which is today, for the last 2 weeks and today will be my first official lesson. Wish me luck! Out of all the classes in the primary this one is by far the best!
Our sealing is getting so close...less than 2 weeks away. We have it scheduled still at the Bountiful Temple but for a few days we were seriously considering moving it to Nauvoo. I'm hoping everything works out well.
We just got back from a little vacation on Friday. We went to southern California with Mikey, he had to visit a few people for work and we kinda tagged along. The first few days we stayed right down the street from Disneyland. Since Brigham is a little too young to know what is going on we decided not to pay the $90 a person to go to the park. Maybe in a few years? Wednesday we drove down to Huntington Beach and stayed right on the ocean!! It was heaven! I absolutely love the beach!
They were filming some type of movie or something that night right on the beach, so we might be in a movie! I was so sure Brigham was going to love the beach/ocean just as much as I do so I took him down to the water and put his feet in it...he didnt like it too much! He started screaming and shaking! Poor kid! We then headed to the pier where we had dinner at Ruby's diner, its a 50's themed restaurant and was pretty fun.
The next day we decided to spend a little more time on the beach, it was so beautiful and perfect weather! Again, Brigham didnt like the water :) I'm a mean mom!
We drove back Friday and stopped in Palm Springs so Mikey could do some more business, so he dropped us off at a little shopping center. He thought it was only going to take an hour at the most...well 3 hours later still no Mikey!! It was hot and not many stores to go in to! He finally picked us up at we made the 5 hour drive to PV. Brigham was exhausted and so tired of sitting! I felt so bad for him! We got him a bigger carseat and tried it out on this trip...I really think he would have been a lot worse in his old carseat. He did soo good! Other than sleeping...he moves SO much in his sleep and I am a very light sleeper so it just sucked being in the same room as him for 4 nights!
He is getting so close to crawling! For the last few weeks he gets on his hands and TOES!! I tried it one day and its freakin hard! But while we were in Cali he started to get his knees underneath him and kind of moving his arms and legs and then just face plants :) He better start moving cuz daddy said as soon as he starts walking we get to get a dog! Brigham can't wait!! He LOVES dogs!! Every night we go on walks and see a ton of doggies and he gets soo excited! He knows a few of the dogs and as soon as he sees them he starts kicking his legs and screaming. One of them does the same when she sees him. She loves to lick his feet and hands (scares me half to death) but he loves it. There is also another dog who will not follow her owner if she sees us coming, the owners will either have to wait til she gets to say hi to Brigham or they just carry her along. Its so cute!



Big dude standing up, doesnt last too long but he's trying
One handin it

He loves his doggy

I wonder where he got his from :) For anybody who knows me, I have no clue :)







He looks like a surfer dude with his wavy hair



Our hotel from the beach



I love sunsets

Hmmm? What should I eat?






Hangin out on our balcony, playing with daddy, he loves daddy!


View from balcony






3 comments:

Sarah Mildon said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. Brigham is so cute and getting so big.

The Porter Family said...

Cute! Sounds like fun (minus the waiting around forever for Mike). :) And don't rush the crawling/walking-even for a dog. TRUST ME, you will want him to be immobile again soon enough. :)

Amy J said...

Super cute photos of Brigham!!! :)