Today I watched Oprah, Marie Osmond was on there talking about her son who committed suicide earlier this year. I normally don't watch Oprah but wanted to see what Marie would say. I couldn't stop crying, and am crying right now as I write this. I don't know if it's because I have a son of my own or what but it really hit home. Having battled depression all my life, and more now than ever, I just know how it feels to get to the lowest point in life and I feel for their family. She said one thing that hit me hard and that was 'tell your kids they aren't a burden in your life' her son felt like he was a burden and wanted to get rid of that for her. I know I get frustrated with Brigham but I love him more than anything in this world and don't know what I would do if anything happened to him. I hope he doesn't ever have to go through depression like I do and hope he is a happy, healthy boy.
I know that we are given these trials to help us and if anything ever does happen to Brigham I know we are sealed and we will always be a family. I can't imagine going through life not knowing about eternal families and that you will see your loved ones when we die. I'm so grateful I have that knowledge.
Everybody please give your kids an extra hug tonight!
1 comment:
That is such a sweet post- made me all teary-eyed too! You are such a great mom, and I can't imagine that Brigham would even not know how much you love and adore him!
Post a Comment