Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pregnancy update

Well these last few days have been very weird for me! It started on Sunday at church I was getting hot flashes and sweating! For those of you who know me that is VERY unusual! I'm usually always cold! I thought it was because Mikey and I said the opening and closing prayers in sacrament and my heart was still pounding from that :) Well Monday comes along and I feel a little weird, as the day went on I became dizzy, had crazy vision for a little bit and was extremely hot. I called my Dr. just to be safe and they said to take it easy, eat protein and if it got worse or didnt go away to go into the hospital. That night I felt some cramping in my tummy and still didnt feel any better. I stuck it out til the morning and the dizziness came back again but a lot stronger this time. By this time Mikey had left for Vegas for the week and I was home alone, so I figured I needed to get this taken care of ASAP. I headed to the hospital and they took me up to the OB where they hooked me up to the fetal heart monitor and the one that measures my contractions. Right as soon as I got hooked up I had a pretty significant contraction...I told the nurse I didnt feel anything other than being a little more dizzy and sweaty...ya she thought that was a little weird, so we kept an eye on it, I was having contractions about every minute and of course every time I wold get a little more dizzy and sweaty so they figured thats how I felt the contraction. Both nurses had never heard of that before, but I like to make things a little more difficult :) They checked to see if I was dilated at all and I was to a 1 and they also did a test that would let us know if I was going to be delivering within the next 2 weeks, I haven't heard the results yet. While the nurse was asking all the questions we figured the only thing that had changed was changing to a different medication 2 weeks ago and think that may be contributing to it...the contractions died down after about 45 minutes and I felt a ton better, so they let me go. Since then I have still been a little dizzy but I guess I just have to deal with it until we can figure out whats going on. I have an appt with my Dr. tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I will get more answers from her.
I still have 7 weeks to go and as much as we want to meet our little guy...not right now! So if you all could keep us in your prayers I would really appreciate it. I will let everybody know what (if anything) I figure out tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Good luck!!!

Just for kicks drink LOTS of water, it can't hurt right!?!
Dehydration always complicated things for me.

Jamee said...

I hope everything is ok, and that your hubby is home to take care of you.

Luke and Mel said...

Scary! Glad you are alright. I hope things are still okay. And, I love your crib and bedding. So adorable.