Friday, November 7, 2008
Blankets
So as some of you might know I have been called as the achievement days leader for the 10 and 11 year old girls in my ward. It has definitely been a learning experience, Im not usually around girls that age, if it were the boys I would fit right in :) Luckily there are a few girls who LOVE sports and can't wait til I get to teach them how to play! This last week we decided to do a service project and make little baby fleece blankets, I had to task of getting the fabric, cutting it and cutting the edges to tie, I had never done that before but I think they turned out pretty good! I got frustrated a few times but I finally finished them about 5 hours later! The girls ended up tying 3 blankets and they had a BLAST!! The blankets turned out soooo cute! I think I might have to make me one of my own, I'll have to wait til my fingers heal from all the cutting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The blankets are darling! You are going to have so much fun being around those fun, sweet girls and you'll easily learn to feel comfortable around them just like you would boys! Hang in there and get your competitive spirit going! We're looking forward to seeing you soon when you come for the big Celine Dion concert. Maybe you can both come and we can watch the big BYU-Utah game together! Love You Both!
Post a Comment